Mission Statement, Core Values and Opportunities
The staff, governors and School Council met on Wednesday 11th July 2018 to discuss the school's mission statement, values and the opportunities we want each and every child to have at Thornton Primary School. On 15th October 2018, a smaller group of staff and governors met to put the many ideas into our new Mission Statement:
Each child is unique and will be valued, nurtured and inspired. They will learn in a caring, happy and safe environment where they will be challenged to reach their goals for the future
School Core Values
Love Respect Ambition
Our TPS family should:
Care for all
be Kind and Considerate
and Dream Big
By the time I leave TPS I will have had the opportunity to...
- Develop a love of reading.
- Explore new technologies.
- Become a confident writer.
- Enhance my knowledge and understanding of the world around me.
- Become aware of and respect different faiths & cultures .
- Use my Maths skills in day to day life.
- Learn in the Forest School.
- Participate in a charity event that helps others.
- Experience a wide range of sports.
- Meet an inspirational person.
- Explore learning outside of school.
- Be creative and share my work with pride.