Family Learning Mentor
Mrs Brown is the Family Learning Mentor at Thornton Primary School.
She is here to listen, offer support and practical advice to help children make the most of their time at Thornton Primary School and help children overcome barriers to learning they may have such as:
* Attendance and Punctuality
* Problems with developing and maintaining friendships
* Disrupted home life and family problems
* Low self-esteem and confidence
* Children new to the school who need help settling in
* Children worried about transition to High School
* Support for families
She also offers support to children and families with any difficulties they may be having and liaises closely with school staff and with outside agencies.
Her other duties include:
Lead Professional for Team Around the Family (TAF) meetings.
Assisting Mr Ashcroft with attendance management.
The School’s Mental Health Champion.
How can she be contacted?
For Parents/Carers, Mrs Brown's working hours are 8:45am-2:45pm. You can contact her by calling the school number and dialling option one.